Congratulations to Tacos And Cones
Named one of the “Must-Try Ice Cream Shops in Dutchess”!!
Must-Try Ice Cream Shops in Dutchess
Publish Date: 2020-06-19
Dutchess County truly is a place that experiences all seasons, from those cold, snowy winters, to the hot, humid summers. As things heat up for the season one thing is for sure, people flock to their local ice cream shop to cool off. It’s time to share the wealth and fill in visitors on where the best spots are! Here’s our list of Must-Try Ice Cream Shops in Dutchess:
1. Zoe’s Ice Cream Barn, Lagrangeville: Owned by a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America, you know this place is going to be good. They only use Hudson Valley Fresh milk and pledge it goes from cow to cone in just 3 days! With fresh local ingredients and homemade waffle cones, this spot has become a quick favorite among locals and out of towners alike.
2. Holy Cow, Red Hook: This ice cream shop is one locals have been flocking to for years. Located next to a dairy farm, they’ve kept things old-school, and you can tell by the frequent long lines!
3. Joe’s Dairy Bar & Grill, Hopewell Junction: Between their classic soft serve, endless toppings, and special flavor of the week, making multiple pitstops at Joe’s Dair Bar & Grill is a must! Earning a spot in The Poughkeepsie Journal Summer Bucketlist is their signature Freak Shakes & Freak Sundaes! Be warned, some Freak Shakes are so gargantuan you’ll want a photo op with your friends and family!
4. Fortunes Ice Cream, Tivoli: New to the scene in 2019, Fortunes is already winning over customers with its fresh, locally made ice cream. The flavors vary depending on what’s in season but some include strawberry, honey lavender and vegan chocolate. Take one drive through Tivoli and you can’t miss this colorful scoop shop!
5. Fudgy’s Ice Cream, Amenia: This busy little shop in Amenia is always a crowd pleaser. Attracting both locals and those passing through, this place gets rave reviews from all! If you’re ever on Route 22, you need to pull over and try this place.
6. Beacon Creamery, Beacon: Beacon has definitely undergone some transformation over the years, but this creamery has remained a staple to local residents. From its brightly colored exterior to its classic flavors, this spot isn’t going anywhere!
7. Village Creamery, Wappingers Falls: A classic neighborhood ice cream stand, equipped with soft serve and specialty sundaes, cool off just off Main Street.
8. Utterly Delicious, Pleasant Valley: If you find yourself driving along US-44 this summer, keep your eyes peeled for this shop. With a large selection of flavors, it’s one that families love.
9. East Fishkill Provisions Smoke Haus & Deli, Hopewell Junction: With over 24 soft serve flavors it’s no surprise this is a popular spot for families. Create your favorite concoction and then enjoy your sweet treat on their outdoor patio!
10. Ron’s Ice Cream, Beacon: This little yellow building sits just across from a neighborhood park, making it a convenient and spot on game days.
11. Kelly’s Creamery, Dover Plains: Whether it’s their 34 flavors of premium, handcrafted, artisanal ice cream or their all-natural soft serve with endless toppings, you’ll have a hard time picking a sweet treat!
12. Del’s Roadside, Rhinebeck: The newest scoop shop on the block, Del’s is the classic American ice cream shop and takes the art of making traditional ice cream seriously. Their process begins down the road in Red Hook at their very own Farm and Creamery, combining the values of old fashioned farming and state of the art technology.
14. Tacos and Cones, Pawling: An unlikely but satisfying duo of savory and sweet can be expected when you visit Tacos & Cones! Mix and match any unique flavor or ice cream, from apple pie, toasted almond coconut or french roast coffee with endless toppings like cotton candy rocks, whipped cream, and brownie brittle. Any day of the week you can enjoy your sweet treat in the newly added outdoor patio with string lights!
15. Nana’s Ice Cream & Grill, Hyde Park: For good ol’fashion icecream delight try Nana’s Ice Cream & Grill! With new flavors and topping added seemingly daily, you’ll never get bored of this Hyde Park gem. Be sure to try their other sweet treats like crepes. fried oreos, and funnel ice cream cake!